Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Counting My Blessings



     My heart is just filled with gratitude this semester. God has been so gracious, and His blessings in my life are completely undeserved. I just want to take some time out of the craziness of life to reflect on those blessings and give thanks to the Lord.

     So here is a list of the things I'm grateful for:

     1. Building new relationships. I am thankful, first of all, for the new friendships I am building. I got to meet lots of different people in my class and among the incoming freshmen.

     2. Developing existing relationships. I've been having more opportunities to connect with some of my friends on a deeper level, and that gives me joy. I pray that this will continue.

     3. Class cabinet. I'm also tremendously grateful for the chance to be involved in this branch of Student Government.. The experience so far has given me a new perspective of life, and I'm learning what it means to lead by serving.

     4. Hall-mates. Every time I see my hall-mates gathered together, I thanks the Lord for blessing me with the friendships of these men. They have been so supportive of me, even as I settle into the role of spiritual-life leadership for the hall.

     5. Family. God forbid that I cease to be thankful for my family. They are always supportive of me and my decisions. I love them very much.

     6. God's faithfulness. This final point will be the longest one, because there is just so much the Lord has done. I see Him working behind the scenes, and His goodness and power shines forth from even the small places. He has brought me so much closer to Him, closer than I've ever been, and now I only want more. I've also never looked forward to chapel as much as I do now. Although the services aren't always that great (haha!), my motivation is to worship the Lord with the rest of campus. I praise the Lord because He is faithful, and I believe that Asbury will encounter Him in a powerful way very soon. I am also reminded of what the Apostle Paul said: "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." I have found that God, in His perfect power, can speak and work through an imperfect vessel like me.


I am challenged every day in my walk with the Lord, as He continues to reveal things in my life that I haven't yet surrendered to Him. I look forward with eager anticipation to where He will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment