Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Psalm 23 (Meditation) [Part 6]

Note: In Meditation posts, I will be sharing the lessons and insights I have personally gained from studying and meditating on God’s Word. Please note that these are from my personal viewpoint. I am aware that God may reveal many different insights to different people from the same verse or passage. That is what makes the Bible alive! So don’t stop searching for God’s own personal revelation to you.


Verse 6: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


      King David closes this chapter by reiterating his security in the Lord and his joy at having God as his shepherd. All through the psalm, David expresses how the Lord cares for him, protects him, and provides for him. The Lord brings us to green pastures and still waters. He restores our souls and leads us in the path of righteousness. His grace covers us as we journey through times of trials and danger, and He honors us. Surely His goodness and mercy will be with us all the days of our lives. We will abide in Him, and He will abide with us, in the house of the Lord forever.

      This promise that God’s Word presents to us is for the Lord’s sheep. Are we His sheep? Jesus said, “My sheep hears my voice.” Are we hearing the Lord’s voice? Do we listen to His teachings and commands? A shepherd’s sheep follow him faithfully and trustingly. Are we the Lord’s sheep? Let us reflect on our lives and follow Him.

As we walk with Him, may we remember that He is not just any shepherd. He is the Good Shepherd.



Blessings,
Nathanael Chong

No comments:

Post a Comment