Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Ravi Zacharias, A Prophet Called Home




      The late Ravi Zacharias went home to be with the Lord on May 19, 2020. This is my tribute to the great apologist.

      I was first introduced to Ravi's existence in elementary school. My dad had a CD collection of some of his older sermons and one day started playing them in the car. The words flew over my little head and I had no idea what the guy was saying, but something deep inside me told me that I was encountering a wealthy mine of wisdom and truth that I could dig into for a long time.

      At the age of 12, I returned to those audio recordings. And that began the long journey of my intellectual and spiritual development, outside of my own parents' teaching. Over the next few years through high school, I exhausted every message Ravi gave that I could find online. I even managed to get my hands on some from the 80's and 90's. Not to mention some of the books he penned that are sitting on my shelf. Ravi and the RZIM team played a major role in my growth in the faith. He was my spiritual hero, and I owe a lot of who I am today to him.

      It has been one of my dreams to see Ravi in person, or even to meet him face to face. Unfortunately, it was not meant to happen on this side of eternity.

      While I hear of the passing of this great expositor with sadness, I can't help but look toward the future with anticipation. Every prophet has his time, his days, his decades. And it seems to me that whenever God deems a prophet's work finished, He raises up another one. Whoever God has yet to unleash into our desperate world I look forward to witness.

      I will always remember Ravi as one of my spiritual mentors, albeit a distant one. I am grateful for his life and legacy that have touched millions around the world.

      Thank you, Dr. Zacharias, for a life well lived. Because He lives, we also shall live.

No comments:

Post a Comment